[Kolab-devel] hello, how can I help?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Aug 15 17:33:58 CEST 2003

Welcome Mike,

On Friday 15 August 2003 08:13, Stephan Buys wrote:
> That's great. I will leave it to Bernhard to come back with a more official
> answer.

Your answer is as official as mine as part of the Kolab community. ;-)

> FYI - it is holiday season in Europe as far as I know, so the list is a bit
> quiet. I know Martin Konold, the maintainer of the server software is on
> holiday.

Martin is the principal designer and technical lead.
He currently is on vacation, but not all other Germans are. :)

> On Thursday 14 August 2003 20:31, Mike Jackson wrote:
> > http://news.com.com/2100-1001-982816.html?tag=nl
> >
> >  and I'm very interested in it. I would like to offer some help, if I
> > can, during my personal time.

Help is always welcome.
There are many areas you can possibly help
so you can choose the area you are interested in.

One type of help that we can never have enough of
is answering user questions or improve the webpages.

> >  I have compentencies in the following areas:
> >
> >  - LDAP ( expert level )
> > 	- schema design and management
> > 	- OID management
> > 	- distributed architecture
> > 	- replication
> > 	- referrals
> > 	- writing client specifications
> > 	- server management

We certainly need to improve the
LDAP-schema in the future in many places.
E.g. for multidomain support
and we need to propose an entry for the freebusylist location.

> >  I am not a competent C programmer, although I can hack some small,
> > simple programs together. How can I help the project?

Stick around and look for a place to chime in.
Like my todo list or the web clients. ;)