[Kolab-announce] kolab-webadmin-2.4.0 release

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Apr 13 11:07:28 CEST 2012

Hi there,

We're pleased to announce the release of the Kolab Groupware Web
Administration Panel (Kolab WAP for short), version 2.4.0.

You can download this Kolab Web administration panel release at:

   http://git.kolab.org/kolab-wap/snapshot/kolab-webadmin-2.4.0.tar.gz

Thanks to an initial API design[1] and framework implementation[2] by
Thomas Brüderli, awesome, hard work by Aleksander Machniak and some of
my own keyboard strokes, in many aspects, this version of the Kolab
Groupware web administration panel is a very significantly enhanced
administration interface.

We've given you a sneak preview[3] not too long ago, followed by an
early opportunity for you to Give It A Go(TM)[4] last month. Many people
have requested demo accounts and have utilized the Kolab WAP, but as
regular users - now it's time to release an actual version of the
software so that you can install and configure the web administration
panel yourself, and use administrative privileges against your own LDAP
installation to see what does or does not work for you.

Please allow me to highlight the following:

- kolab-webadmin 2.4.0 is packaged as part of our Kolab 2.4 and 3.0
product series for Enterprise Linux 5[5,6] and Enterprise Linux 6[7,8],
- User and Group administration is feature-complete, with compatibility
for OpenLDAP (Kolab 2.3) and 389 Directory Server (reference
implementation for Kolab 2.4+) LDAP servers,
- Kolab Webadmin 2.4.0 requires php-Smarty >= 3.1.7,
- also mozldap >= 6 is required for 389 Directory Server installations,
as we shell out for Effective Rights on subject entries.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1]
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php?title=User:Bruederli/Draft:Kolab_Webadmin_API