[Kolab-announce] Kolab 3.0 Development Process and Release Cycle

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Feb 21 11:48:52 CET 2012

Hello,

As was announced previously, in Georg's FSFE blog[1], amongst other places,
we're starting an official development and release cycle for Kolab 3.0.

We seek to implement these processes as has previously been proposed as KEP
#11[2], but while we have been pending approval of said KEP, and have been on
the exploratory path for a while already, some developments greatly impact the
feasibility for other features to be added to the first release in the Kolab 3
series.

Please find attached a document on findings, proposals, enhancements and
dependencies, and a proposed timeline to get all of this work done by July
2nd, 2012.

This is a document attached to this email right now, but as soon as we
complete the kolab.org website re-design and content overhaul -which is
currently scheduled for tomorrow(!), naturally this content will make its way
to the appropriate Wiki and articles.

If you have any thoughts or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1] http://blogs.fsfe.org/greve/?p=470
[2] http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Kanarip/Draft:Development_and_Release_Process