[Kolab-announce] Kolab Server 2.3 alpha release

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Dec 27 16:40:23 CET 2010

Hohoho,

this year Kolab Systems has a very special Christmas present for you: The
release of the Kolab server 2.3 alpha. A little late, but good things take
time.

This release introduces new features like synchronization of mobile devices
with kolab-z-push or modular packaging of the kolab-webclient, updates of many
important components and tons of bugfixes. Detailed information about the
changes are listed in
http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.2.4/sources/release-
notes.txt
The release notes may be incomplete. They should cover all changes, but I will
review them before the 2.3 final release just to be sure.

Upgrading from 2.2.4 should be straightforward, but make sure you follow
the upgrade instructions in
http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.2.4/sources/1st.README

Documentation and OpenPKG packages are available from
http://files.kolab.org/server/alpha/kolab-server-2.3-alpha/
as shown on http://kolab.org/download.html.

As soon as they have synced, you can also use the the mirrors listed on
http://kolab.org/mirrors.html

All files updated since 2.2.4 are available in the directory
server/development-2.3/20101224-since-20100629/

You can check the integrity of the downloaded files by importing our file
distribution key and verifying the OpenPGP signature and SHA1 checksums:

$ gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 0xC43E1A3E
$ gpg --verify SHA1SUMS.sig
$ sha1sum -c SHA1SUMS

Binary packages for Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (lenny/stable) on x86 platforms
can be found in the ix86-debian5.0 directory next to the sources.

Support for Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 (etch/oldstable) was dropped because it is no
longer supported by Debian ether.

Remember: This is an alpha release. It is for testing and evaluation only and
likely contains bugs. DO NOT use it in productive environments!

Please report any problems you encounter in our bug tracker:
https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com/

Regards,
Christoph

--